We are currently looking for a Corporate Law Clerk to join our firm. We are looking to grow and are seeking new talent with exceptional qualities.
Working Hours: Regular workday hours (Monday-Friday)
Start Date: Immediate.
- Drafting various legal documents, including but not limited to documents related to articles of incorporation, amalgamations, dissolutions, and complex tax reorganizations (ITA ss 51, 85, 86, 97);
- Maintain and update minute books for corporations and trusts;
- Organize closing agenda and relevant legal documents for signing;
- Analyze corporate charter documents, corporate records to ensure compliance with governing statute;
- Register and maintain extra-provincial registrations and Statistics Canada – Schedule 1 Questionnaires;
- Research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice;
- Work on multiple transactions and matters simultaneously;
- Update corporate precedents under supervision of lawyer;
- Organize and maintain files and financial records.
Education and Experience:
- Preferably 5 years of relevant experience in a professional service environment;
- Experience with software: Excel, PCLaw, Word and Outlook;
- Advanced knowledge of corporate law;
- Advanced knowledge of corporate statutes, regulations, policies;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Exceptional legal writing skills and communication skills;
- University degree preferred;
- Community College Law Clerk Diploma or Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate (or equivalent);
- Eligible for membership as an Associate Member of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario.